Please join us at a meeting to see what we're about. La Leche League (LLL) meetings offer a place where we share questions, concerns and success stories and form a community with the common ground of breastfeeding. LLL Leaders work within the range of normal, which is surprisingly wide! We work to help you achieve your personal breastfeeding goals in your own, unique situations--every bit counts! If you can't make a meeting, Hayley, Mari and Julie are available by phone or e-mail for help or information. Children, spouses/partners and support people (grandparents, friends, etc.) are always welcome at our meetings.
We have both a daytime meeting and an evening meeting, both located at the Snohomish Library. There are two meeting rooms, please e-mail, message us by Facebook, or call for the most current information. No two meetings are ever the same! We start ours with an introduction and a time for sharing concerns, challenges and successes, which we address with support and up-to-date information--we want to make sure you leave having been heard. We rotate among the following four topics, but we find that all topics are discussed at all meetings:
- The Importance of Breastfeeding
- Childbirth and the New Baby at Home
- The Art of Breastfeeding and Overcoming Difficulties
- Nutrition and Weaning
La Leche League Leaders are volunteers who have breastfed their own babies and who have been trained and accredited by La Leche League International to help families with all aspects of the normal course of breastfeeding. If you have a situation that requires medical/dental or legal attention, we have breastfeeding-friendly resources. We are available by phone and e-mail, as well as home visits (for new babies) and video chats for your breastfeeding questions or concerns.
- Hayley (360) 805-4135
- E-mail SnohomishLLL@gmail.com
- Mari: Se habla un poco Espanol -- envia un texto a 575-640-7734
- Find us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Leche-League-of-Snohomish/119097751660
- Snohomish County Helpline: (425) 610-8511 (number forwards to the home of a Snohomish County LLL Leader -- if you don't reach someone, leave a message and you will receive a call back)
- Online Meetings with La Leche League International at http://www.llli.org/chat/chat.html?m=0,0,7
- National LLL of USA Helpline: 877-4-LALECHE (877-452-5324)